July 22, 2011

There's such thing as a sun?


This year, Oregon's summer has been well, nonexistent. We had a few beautiful days in June, but I'd bet you that I've only seen the sun enough times this season to count on my two hands.

It's July, as if you didn't already know that, and it's been raining as if it's October. I started laughing the other day when the news said that there's a heat advisory out for the majority of the country. Oregon didn't get the memo.

Oregon never gets the memo.

The way I see it, Oregon has two seasons: rain, and no rain. The no rain season lasts about 3 weeks, and it's usually in August.

Come to think of it, I remember one year specifically when I saw the sun for the first time in months. It was back when I was in college while I was walking to class one afternoon in May, I believe. I was on the phone and all of the sudden everything got bright (as opposed to gray). I looked up and realized it was because the clouds had briefly parted. It was almost as if I forgot there was such a thing as the sun. I was astonished enough to inform the person on the phone that I had just seen the sun. He probably thought I was a weirdo.

Oregon really is beautiful. It's green year round, full of luscious trees, flowers, and mountains. The scenery is truly amazing. People come to Oregon and are usually astonished by the greenness and number of trees we have. The outdoors are just beautiful.

But we pay a mighty high price. It's called rain. Things don't just turn green on their own, ya know.





Oregon, you are beautiful. But let's try some sun for once, mmmkay?

Happy almost weekend! Enjoy your summer weather pretty please!


4 comments:

  1. That first picture is ridiculously adorable, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. back in april we had record rain here and i think it rained 30 days or so in a row...i was SO ready for some sunshine so i know how you feel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow beautiful pictures!! we're currently in the rainy season as well, but we get our fair share of sun. I guess the benefit of all that rain is the lush greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rubber ducky picture is too cute... gotta love Pinterest! I wish we had some rain here in Indiana! God bless!

    Emily http://www.mywordsinterestslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...