August 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!




Oh, I'm sorry. Is it not cool to wish yourself a Happy Birthday?

I never considered myself very cool anyway. So that wasn't a loss.

But really, it is my birthday. And I am getting older. I can feel it. Not just in my body, but in my mind too. It's kind of weird. To feel older I mean. It's no longer exciting to get older like it was when you were little and every question about age deserved a "I'm (age) and a HALF" response.

Well now I want to be 23 and a HALF instead of 24. But life doesn't go backwards.
Only forward, loves.

So I'm going to celebrate being born, regardless of age. Because life is a cause for celebration!
And today just happens to be my day.

So thank you Mom, for giving birth to me. And Dad, for putting up with me. Without me, neither of you would have an excuse for headaches :)
Imagine that.

And brother - you get no thank you. I need to be thanked for putting up with you.
Love you though.

And right now, as you're reading this, I am finishing my last leg of the 197 mile relay race that began yesterday. It's a great way to celebrate a birthday. It's how I celebrated last year too.

Perfection.
Here's to ringing in 24 years of life!

I shall make a wish and celebrate.


6 comments:

  1. YAY! :D I hope that you are doing well and running fast! Happy Happy Birthday to you!! I hope it's the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! And wow, what an awesome race! Hope it went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hap-Hap-Happyyyy Birthdayyy! Hope your race is going well, lady!

    Once I saw a breast cancer t-shirt that said "When I grow up, I want to be an old lady" life is such an amazing gift, and every birthday is a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy birthday lady!! Run strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D How exciting! Happy Birthday! And 24 actually seems like a cool age, you're like a full flung adult yet still still have that "youthful" beauty and can still have sorts of fun without too many responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...