September 25, 2011

Sunday Love || Wish List

I usually have a wish list (or two) lying around my desk somewhere that I add to year round. It's fantastic because it helps me keep track of things I've been eyeing when holidays or birthdays roll around and people begin asking, "what do you want for _____?" It also serves the purpose of providing me with some self-control so I don't just go out and purchase everything I want. Instead, I'll tell myself to add it to my wish list and ask for it for Christmas or my Birthday.

It's usually items I've been eyeing for awhile.
And things that are not necessary to purchase right now.

I actually got the idea from a girl I lived with in the dorms during my freshmen year of college. Anytime she'd ask her Mom for something, her Mom would respond with, "add it to your wish list."
And so she did. And then handed that baby over to her Mom for Christmas.

This year's wish list is pretty short, but full of things I've been wanting for quite some time now.
Quality, not quantity.


Did you know that you're supposed to get new running shoes every 400-500 miles?
Did you know that I rarely abide by that guideline.
Hence the reason running shoes are on my wish list. Most people would consider them a necessity to buy right away so their feet don't suffer. I just suck it up.
Bad runner.

You should honestly consider keeping a wish list.
It'll help if you have self-control issues like I do. Or believe in retail therapy.
Trust me.

Or even better, you can just go back to school and live off of student loans that you barely qualify for.
Like I do.

That'll do it to ya.

So what's on your wish list?
I'm always curious, because I may want to add it to mine :)

Happy Sunday!


6 comments:

  1. My wish list is pretty much just one thing right now: a '63 Chevy Nova--2 door, not 4. Though I'd settle for '62-'65. I just think they're SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wishlist is extremely close to yours right now! I'm dying for a DSLR camera and a pair of lace TOMS. If only this list could come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, that my son and I have a wish list saved on the computer and my husband doesn't. He's just too hard to shop for! :) I'm wanting some Pioneer Woman stuff right now, the cookbook and her new book - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - A Love Story. Plus, Memoirs of a Geisha. I also really want the dvd of Becoming Jane. I recently saw it on tv and fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting a new camera lens for ages. I'm one step closer - I rented one like what I want to use for my cousin's wedding this weekend so I can be sure it's what I want before I drop the big bucks on it.

    Also, this is so not an ad but might sound like one, I use the Amazon Universal Wish List feature to keep track of stuff I want. It also helps for birthdays/christmas when people want to buy me stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually make a seasonal wish list (clothing items)! I then seek out those items in thrift stores OR when I decide to make an impulse buy, I buy one of my wish list items. Works fairly well for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this idea for a wishlist- I kind of keep one in my phone but I am not very good at updating it! And I am the same with my running shoes- I have had them way too long!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...