November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

I'm sure everyone is busy baking away and spending time with their family today. But since it's still the wee hours of the morning and I don't have to start baking/cooking for another hour or so, I thought I'd pop on here and share what I'm thankful for. Tis what Thanksgiving is all about.


Source: google.com via Nicole on Pinterest

spending Thanksgiving with my family
there are so many who don't get that opportunity
five day holiday weekends
God's unfailing love
Dakota, my adorable pup who I can't imagine life without
the ability to love
uncontrollable laughter
there are so many who don't laugh often
my amazing friends, who I don't see often enough but still love more than ever
living in abundance & having the ability to give to others
it may not be much, but I can still give a little bit, just enough to bring a smile
this blogging community
the support, love and kindness that it offers on a daily basis amazes me

And one last thing. Out of curiosity I looked up the definition of Thanksgiving. What I read brought tears to my eyes: "a day set apart for giving thanks to God."
Amen. Let's give thanks to Him today, above all else.

Be present in the moment & enjoy your time with family today.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...