December 15, 2011

Cookie Baking Party 2011

About 3 years ago we started a tradition that has quickly become a family favorite, our annual cookie baking party. All us girls get together in mid-December each year to bake & exchange cookies. We all show up at the hosts' house in the early afternoon with a cookie recipe, necessary ingredients, an empty plate and a bottle of our favorite wine. We spend all day baking, laughing, chatting and sipping on wine before finishing off the day with dinner, which usually happens to be pizza. And then that evening we all get to go home with a full plate of freshly baked cookies and an empty bottle of wine. It's one of my favorite Christmas activities each year with my family, and this year was no exception.


















10 girls. 1 husband. 3 generations. 1 oven. 1 KitchenAid. 7 bottles of wine. 17 kinds of cookies. 8 hours. And 12 plates of cookies to be taken home.

My two recipes this year were Malted Chocolate Chip & White Chocolate Coconut. One of the best parts about this is the diversity of cookie recipes we all bring. My Grandma, for instance, always brings an old family traditional cookie recipe, while us younger girls bring newer, more daring recipes.

Happy Thursday!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my taste buds, I am drooling over your pictures. This sounds like the best tradition and love that both the old and new are included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun tradition! I love this! Looks delicious. I have heard that the cupcake wine is delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start doing this! What a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, look at all those cookies! They look so good and what a a fun tradition to have with your family! You'll have to post some of the recipes later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is that?! I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so fun! Those look delicious (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like SUCH a great tradition! There's nothing better than baking with people you love! With wine...and pizza! Perfect.

    xo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is great! i picked out the cupcake wine for my wine & cheese party a couple weeks back. the bottle was too cute to pass up!
    http://bethjoyridings.blogspot.com/2011/11/wine-cheese.html

    i also love your blog. i found you from your guest post on gentri lee's blog! i am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so fun! I too was baking cookies today with my mom and friends...we are going to bring them to town to the fire stations tomorrow to give to the fire fighters:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...