February 13, 2012

A Blogger Disgrace

I was getting ready for class the other morning (as I do everyday) and pulled some clothes out of the pile that can be found in my 'clean clothes laundry basket' that never gets put away due to lack of time. It just sits there, week after week, as a make-shift closet until it's emptied. And then it gets filled back up again with another load of clean laundry because there just isn't enough time to waste putting it away. 

As I was pulling on my black yoga pants that I usually wouldn't ever be caught dead in outside of the house, I thought to myself, "I am a blogger disgrace." Because when you think of bloggers, you think of girls with amazing clothes who are dressed to perfection every single day of the week and take pictures to prove it. I have amazing clothes, I have a ton of amazing clothes, the only problem is that they never get worn. Like, ever.

I'm very rarely 'put together' like the common blogger persona. I'm usually found in sweats with my hair up, and no make up on. I can be found in a human biology or chemistry lab - dissecting and analyzing, while measuring micro-sized chemicals to conduct experiments with. When I'm not in the lab, I'm at my desk with my nose in the books, studying until I go crossed-eyed.

In the mornings, I roll out of bed and walk downstairs half asleep to make myself some coffee. Then I saunter back upstairs to start my morning routine: check email, tie up last minute study details, write a blog post, and then get ready. But my 'getting ready' isn't what "bloggers" do to get ready. I pull some clothes out of the pile, shovel in a quick breakfast, and run out the door to get back to that lab.

I am a blogger disgrace.

I can't share my beautiful, amazing house because there are piles of laundry sitting in it. The bathrooms get cleaned about once a month because there is no time to be wasted. The kitchen isn't always stocked, because I can't justify going grocery shopping when there is work to be done. My dog is usually running around making a mess, and I'm certain you don't care to see that.

I am not the cliche "blogger" and I am okay with that. Because I am real life.
I am messy, a mess myself, and chasing my dream. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Yoga pants, frizzy hair and all.

25 comments:

  1. Probably half of those bloggers are just faking it - getting dressed for the photo then getting back into their comfy clothes. Me? It's now noon and I'm still in my pjs and wearing my 'bed' hair. Glamour at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I am right there with you. Since hubby has been gone, 5 months now, I have worn makeup a handful of times, and put on real clothes only a handful of times. I live in my yoga pants and tank tops. Life is soooo much easier this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love this...I'm sure most of us feel this way. I think bloggers are just good at staging a picture {aka moving all the piles of clothes/junk out of the shot} of their "perfect" homes. I know that is what I do. :) Love your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not a blogger disgrace, you are real and authentic!!
    I am not messy; I am super-organized, but I certainly don't look like I should be be a Homes & Garden magazine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! And I love that you are not a cliche blogger. I'm currently going to school to be a nurse so I spend countless hours in labs too. All I ever have time to do is go to class and study (all in sweat pants of course!). I enjoy reading a blog that is so much more like my life. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this post. I feel the same way! I am in grad school and so I try really hard to dress nice and stay on top of life, but sometimes it just gets too busy and I don't have enough room in my head to come up with an outfit. You are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am pretty sure you just described me...except the school and lab...
    I am not blessed with a washer and dryer, so laundry builds up all week and then I tote it all to the laundry mat on Sunday...it usually sits in the basket all week long if I don't put it away as soon as I get home too. I can usually be found in my jammies or workout clothes..and I don't event think I have the cool clothes to showcase anyway cuz when I buy new clothes they are always for the gym :)
    It is nice to know I am not alone!

    KarmaKristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are NOT a blogger disgrace! You've probably noticed how I never do fashion posts, right? Although, I do actually have to get dressed most days now since my school has a dress code.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the only parts of my clothing that end up in the correct place are my running clothes, because i refuse to dig around for a sports bra or pair of socks when i need them. everything else just piles, as well. also, i came to work today with my hair in a wet bun. at least it is clean?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be honest, my job requires me to dress down, so a lot of my outfit posts are done on the weekend when I can actually dress how I want. If I had to post photos of my outfits everyday, it would be boring and not worth reading :o) hope school is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right there with ya' chica! I'm a stay at home mom with two dogs that shed ALL the time! Why dress up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. I'm a mess most of the time too :) Laundry piles up and most of the time I'm in PJs...it's better that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i take photos of my outfits in front of my mirror and everyone views my messy bedroom, one blogger even pointed that out last week, yike! however my blog is about me and i'm not trying to impress anyone so i post about me and everything that my life is! and i definitely think i am a blogger disgrace too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha, I love this. I can totally relate! My kitchen is rarely fully-stocked and my apartment is shared with three other people, so it's usually not very photo-worthy. The one room that I try to keep up with is my room, but that's just because I get anxiety being in it when it's messy. As for clothes, teaching every day helps motivate me out of my yoga pants... but I can still absolutely relate :) Loved this. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dont worry im the same way :D your not a bloggers disgrace :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha! I am kind of a disgrace too....I hardly ever wear my cute outfits. My job doesn't help...people wear running gear on the regular to work here! I would love to clean up my new apartment and take photos but yeah...I'm kind of lazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha I can't even tell how much our lives are mirrored! I always look at the cute stuff in my closet and never wear it and opt for my yoga pants instead. And I can even see my kitchen table . Oh and our love sea couch is dilled with piles of laundry thats been there for over a week. No, I think you're just nomal. haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so not a typical "blogger" either because I am usually in a top knot and sweatpants! true story!

    xo,
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  19. i do the same thing :)
    we should start doing 'normal person outfit posts'

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found your blog and love it. I am the exact same way. I'm in vet school and work with large animals. Plus I'm in the anatomy lab all the time... Definitely not a fashion blogger. ha

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am definitely a blogger disgrace right along with you! As we speak I am, "sweat pants, hair tied, chillin with no make-up on!" haha. I love yoga pants and think they are fabulous, especially when you are a student sitting in classes early in the morning and all day long! Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh goodness we were meant to be friends!! Though I hate all things science I am just like you in that I am almost never put together! i feel as though I am a disgrace sometimes too!! Fear not for you are not alone

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh goodness we were meant to be friends!! Though I hate all things science I am just like you in that I am almost never put together! i feel as though I am a disgrace sometimes too!! Fear not for you are not alone

    ReplyDelete
  25. amen sista. I just clicked the follow button after reading this post. It has my name written all over it. I thought my day time clothes in college were sloppy, you should see my mom get-ups most days. My favorite is when I get so many emails asking how I keep my living room so clean with kids after it circulated houzz and blogland. Umm, I don't. I throw the piles of crap out of the camera's view. ha! And of course I got "recognized" wearing an outfit i'd blogged about wearing the day before and was so embarrassed she'd think I'd been lying on the blog so I blurted out I was actually just wearing it two days in a row. so much worse! the shame! ha! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...