February 9, 2012

Post-exam weirdness

My brain is fried, and my head hurts. I woke up this morning feeling less than par and I'm pretty sure it's because I had my chemistry exam last night. Chemistry is tough, and it's even more tough when your professor makes you think during the test. Like really think. Who would have imagined. 

Anyway, I don't really have a point in today's post besides wanting to share something about myself with you. 

When I'm taking my chemistry exams, my concentration is unlike my concentration during any other exam - I'm so focused and tunnel-visioned. And I have an entire conversation going on in my head as I'm working through problems. Sometimes, I get so tunnel-visioned that I fear I'm actually having that conversation out loud, so I'll look around to make sure no one is gawking at me. I'm usually safe, but you never know. Maybe everyone else is just too concentrated to hear me.

After I finally finish the madness that is chemistry exams, I am drained and my brain is foggy. It's almost like I can't see straight or function properly for a few hours. I walk out of the test and have to quickly blink a few times just so I can see where I'm walking. And bringing my brain back to real life is another task in and of itself. I'm basically just waking up from being unconscious - that's how I feel.

But what's even more weird is the craving I get. Faithfully, after each chemistry exam, I get a massive craving for something fatty. Something terrible for you. Something big, fat, greasy and juicy. Like a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake. 

I never give in, by the way. Except yesterday I walked into the library after the exam and ate an entire bar of dark chocolate with almonds in about 2 minutes. Not a normal sized bar, mind you, the king sized one. I was that girl yesterday - the one that looked like a zombie with no lady-like manners, shoving her face with chocolate.

Source: phombo.com via Linda on Pinterest

I just wrote an entire post on chemistry exams.
You can thank me later.

5 comments:

  1. I echo your sentiments EXACTLY. Hang in there... it gets better :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. chemistry is the worst
    i flew through chem i, but once i got to chem ii, i was COMPLETELY out of my element
    and am now putting it off for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i say you deserve some chocolate after that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely be giving in to all of that fatty food after a chemistry exam. You definitely deserved that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote a post on my blog today about how incredibly stressed out Chemistry made me. I was so behind and eventually had to drop it. I need a MAJOR refresher because I, too, graduated with my bachelor's for something non-science related and am back in school trying to become a PT. It seems like you're doing well though! I am feeling a bit discouraged because this puts me even farther behind, but I figured it would be better to take longer and do well than to race through it with a sub-par grade. So glad I found your blog, I feel like I can really relate to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...