April 3, 2012

Jessica Nicole Photography

I finally gave in and purchased Photoshop Elements 10.0 over spring break. Over the past few months, I've had the desire to open up an Etsy shop featuring some of my photos, but knew I needed a good editing program before I could ever do that - specifically so I could place a logo and/or a watermark over my pictures. And now that I finally have PSE, I've been obsessively downloading actions and editing my photos.

The idea for an Etsy shop is kind of preliminary and since I'm no professional photographer, I figured I would sell my photos for dirt cheap. Currently, I'm trying to decide if I should sell the file or sell the actual photo in various sizes. My biggest thing is trying to figure out the most cost-effective way at a cheap price - I'm literally thinking $5/photo for the file or $7-10/photo for the actual printed image.


So what do you all think? Should I take the plunge and open up an Etsy shop? Should I sell the files or actual photos? And what do you think about price points? Remember, this is just for fun so I'm not trying to make any sort of living off the shop.

You guys rock! And I mean that whole-heartedly. 

7 comments:

  1. Omg those are BEAUTIFUL! I would for sure take the plunge! Once you have a button for your shop, let me know and Ill put it up on the blog! Id love to have you do a guest post too to get your shop some traffic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! My favorite is the sailboats-let me know when you launch your shop so I can buy it-). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are amazing! Seriously! You should totally sell them :)

    http://mixedelanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are beautiful photos! do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos! i would definitely go for a shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO IT!!!!! I am ALL for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos!! You have a real eye for nature photography!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...