April 12, 2012

One Last Push

It's only 16 days away, and then I'll be running in the Eugene half marathon for Arya. I cannot believe how quickly it's approached! I first set out to begin training for the race in January, and have somehow managed to get all of my training runs in without an issue, given that I'm swamped with school work 24/7. I decided to remove tempo runs and speed work from my training, only because I wasn't too concerned with running the race in a great time, but more concerned with raising money for a little girl in need. And honestly, when I first began my journey of running for a greater cause than myself, I thought raising money for her would be easy.

Running in Heels readers have raised $94.06 for Arya over the past three months, all from $5 sponsorship spots, donations, and the sweet Karen from Simply Pillow. With the race quickly approaching in a little over 2 weeks, I wanted to share the good news of how much was raised with you all and ask for one last push. Can we attempt to make that number double? Would that be possible? Would you be willing to give up the purchase of your daily/weekly coffee from the coffee shop and instead donate that money to Arya? 

She was abandoned at a garbage dump by her father, you know, and if it weren't for As Our Own, she would have been left there with no chance at a future. Now, she is in her twenties and attending college for the first time. Is that a God-given miracle or what?! I can't help but get excited when I see people who have what appears be a grim chance at a future shatter that thought and attend college. Beauty from ashes, that is His specialty.

So would you be willing? I also feel led to be bold and say that I will match dollar-for-dollar what you readers donate starting today until the day of the race. And if I can do it, I know you can too. And just as it has been before, each donation of $5 or more will receive a free sponsorship spot on Running in Heels for 30 days, plus the file for one of the four photos found below, of your choosing of course. The donation button is found at the very bottom of this post.

And on top of all that, Karen from Simply Pillow has graciously pledged that 10% of all the sales from her shop will go directly to Arya's fund.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the race...I know you will do awesome and what a great cause!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...