May 4, 2012

Friday's Letters || Fueled by Fine Wine


Dear Shriners Hospital for Children, today I start shadowing a doctor there and I'm pretty dang excited about it. I promise not to get in the way or ask too many questions. Dear Fueled by Fine Wine Half Marathon, last night I hit submit on the registration form before I talked myself out of it. Looks like we have a date on July 15th and I'm pretty excited about it given those amazing pictures above of the race :) Dear spider that was the size of my hand that I killed this morning, sorry for screaming while I killed you. Kind of. Don't come into my house next time. Sick. Dear readers, you're going to see some changes around this ol' blog here in regards to the I WILL RUN stuff and sponsorships. Since I'm no longer running for a set cause, sponsorships may be going away unless I can find another cause to give the proceeds to. Stay tuned! Or better yet, if you know of a great cause that needs some funds, shoot me an email! Dear week five of spring term, today is the last day of this exam-filled week. Thank goodness because coming back from running a half marathon to this craziness was not fun, or productive on my part. Dear my awesome running legs, you're holding up quite well considering we ran a half marathon on Sunday and only took two days off before getting back at the running thing. Don't give up on me now! Dear readers (again), here's a cool article in Runner's World about the Fueled by Fine Wine half marathon: A Vintage Run. Any race that makes Runner's World is worthy of my money for a registration fee. Any local Oregonians want to join me?

10 comments:

  1. I am still trying to work on my runs. Struggling with my endurance and getting past 3 miles. Ick! That half marathon looks AWESOME!!!! So fun! Hope the first day of shadowing goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to kill a HUGE spider yesterday too!!!!! I TOTALLY screamed like I was being tortured!!!! hahaha too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That course looks so gorgeous! Beats running along residential roads any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This half marathon is really a rare one. I to hate running along paved streets and passing boring neighborhoods and so this one has been one of my favorites! It will humble every muscle south of your navel, but the views...or the views and the fine wine made every hilly mile worth it. I hear you can even walk it also. My goal this year is to walk the hills and run everything else...I'll see you July 15th for the same date! Woo hoo!

    I better go for a run now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous. That looks one AMAZING half marathon course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your letters! That race looks awesome, I'm bummed it's in Oregon! Have fun with it, and good luck at Shriner's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting!! That race is only a few miles down the road from our house - BEAUTIFUL country! Best of luck! And love that you are shadowing at Shriners!! My cousin has Cerebral Palsy and was up there for a lot of his surgeries and care when he was younger. Such a great hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek! So exciting! Happy racing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous of this race! I want to run it with you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...